5 Most Popular Methods of CBD Consumption
We live in a commercially progressive world and the explosive expansion of the hemp industry is one example of this fact of life. In a relatively small span of time, we have witnessed the boom of thousands of brands offering CBD infused products in various forms. The vast availability and variety of different products has not only provided an inoperable amount of options to users, but has forced the seasoned user to become knowledgeable as to the methods of production and the quality of the end product. Through trial and error, users generally fall into habitual use of one particular method of consumption, but there are many to choose from.
If you are unsure about the best ways to take CBD, or just want to experiment with some of the other options out there, you have come to the right place. We have condensed the many ways people consume CBD into this short list of a few of the most popular methods:
- Sublingual Drops: This is the most efficient route of introducing CBD into the bloodstream. These products are usually vegetable glycerin-based and are ideal because of the little time it takes to apply the drops coupled with a rapid onset of relief. People suffering from internal diseases such as gastrointestinal problems, diabetes, etc. prefer drops to any other method of consumption.
- Edibles: CBD infused edibles are a close second in popularity due again to the ease with which the product is introduced to the user’s system. These products have a wide range of flavors and food groups, including gummies, baked goods, teas, coffees, candies, and more. Easy to administer, scrumptious to eat and the often the best way to induce sleep in insomniac patients.
- Capsules: Pure CBD enclosed in a capsule and taken as a dietary supplement, this is the choice of health conscious individuals who understand the biological value of cannabinoids and CBD in particular, and wish to incorporate it into their lives in an unobtrusive and simple way. As opposed to sublingual oils, which differentiate CBD from other dietary supplements and vitamins, CBD capsules are slightly less effective as they require hepatic metabolization in order to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Capsules however are easy to ingest anywhere and anytime you want without worrying about dosage tracking and the physical act of dropping glycerin under your tongue and waiting 30 seconds. These are great nonetheless for continuous daily introduction of cannabinoids into the body’s many systems.
- Topical Creams: Lotions infused with CBD concentrates have made a tremendous difference in the lives of people suffering from chronic pain. Topical CBD treatments are for you if you have arthritis, constant pain from injury or any other form of pain that is caused primarily by inflammation. There are CBD-infused cosmetics as well that are a growing trend among health forward fashionistas.
- Vape Oils: Although vaping was once the most popular method of CBD consumption, demand is gradually decreasing. This is due to the growth of other methods however, as vaping is a highly effective method of getting CBD into the bloodstream. The biggest growth restriction on this form of use is the size of the smoking population, rather than quality or effectiveness of the product.
There are many other types of CBD products, and the number only grows as people get creative with this superplant. As with any health supplement, consult your doctor before use, especially if you have any specific conditions you hope to treat with CBD.